[Users] No checkpointing support

Scott Dowdle dowdle at montanalinux.org
Thu Mar 6 14:12:18 PST 2014

Greetings,

----- Original Message -----
> # depmod vzcpt ; depmod vzrst
> FATAL: modules must be specified using absolute paths.
> "vzcpt" is a relative path
> FATAL: modules must be specified using absolute paths.
> "vzrst" is a relative path
>
> I am thinking that I must specify the full path to vzcpt.ko but wont
> that change with each kernel release?

Normally the module related tools know to look in /lib/modules/{version} where version is the kernel version you are running.

I'm thinking modprobe would have been better than depmod.  Sorry.  Here's some documentation on working with modules... in (RH)EL6:

https://access.redhat.com/site/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html-single/Deployment_Guide/index.html#ch-Working_with_Kernel_Modules

If you look at the vz service control script (/etc/rc.d/init.d/vz) you'll see that it loads everything needed by openvz but for some reason it didn't this time.  It should in the future though.  I've seen that happen on first boot after an OpenVZ kernel install but not really after that.

TYL,
--
Scott Dowdle
704 Church Street