[Users] openvpn in openvz

Pavel Odintsov pavel.odintsov at gmail.com
Sat Jun 21 05:28:46 PDT 2014

Hello!

In modern version of OpenVZ you can use l2tp with ipsec support
instead OpenVPN: http://habrahabr.ru/company/FastVPS/blog/205162/
(sorry this manual in russian language but it's very simple). It's
very useable because you do not need any special clients on Windows
hosts. Maybe you can try this?

On Sat, Jun 21, 2014 at 2:11 PM, Benjamin Henrion <zoobab at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 21, 2014 at 8:47 AM, Rene C. <openvz at dokbua.com> wrote:
>> I got the openvpn part itself down, no problem, but getting it to work
>> in a container is a lot of hassle. Many pages, but most are outdated
>> and things keeps changing. Anyone know how to get it to work TODAY?
>>
>> The server is an otherwise normal server with public ip addresses and
>> works with cpanel, no problem that far. The problem is getting an
>> openvpn service to work in it.
>>
>> I've already added the tun device, and I can connect to the server
>> with the openvpn client, just can't continue from there, so some
>> routing is missing.
>>
>> I've followed the general routing instructions but because openvz
>> doesn't support MASQ it doesn't work.
>>
>> - which modules to insmod on the hwnode
>
> Just make sure "tun" is present in lsmod.
>
>> - which modules to add into /etc/vz/vz.conf
>
> The same. "tun" should be part of the list of modules in vz.conf, so
> it gets loaded at vz start.
>
>> - which modules to add into /etc/vz/<ct>.conf
>
> And the for the CTID you want to run openvpn access in:
>
> https://openvz.org/VPN_via_the_TUN/TAP_device#Granting_container_an_access_to_TUN.2FTAP
>
> Can you provide openvpn-client debug messages?
>
> --
> Benjamin Henrion <bhenrion at ffii.org>
> FFII Brussels - +32-484-566109 - +32-2-4148403
> "In July 2005, after several failed attempts to legalise software
> patents in Europe, the patent establishment changed its strategy.
> Instead of explicitly seeking to sanction the patentability of
> software, they are now seeking to create a central European patent
> court, which would establish and enforce patentability rules in their
> favor, without any possibility of correction by competing courts or
> democratically elected legislators."

Sincerely yours, Pavel Odintsov