[Users] Ploop filesystem provisioned incorrectly (wrong size)

Kir Kolyshkin kir at openvz.org
Wed Jul 23 00:34:24 PDT 2014

On 07/23/2014 12:02 AM, Kevin Holly wrote:
> Hi Kir,
>
> On 23/07/14 00:25, Kir Kolyshkin wrote:
> > I failed to reproduce your problem locally:
> Okay, then I have to dig further and see where the problem is.
> > Final question, just curious -- are you paying to SolusVM? If yes,
> > why don't you use their support to help with your issues, relying
> > on a free help from OpenVZ community and deveopers instead?
> I thought that this may be an OpenVZ bug or that I get more useful
> support as SolusVM guys are not really helpful when such things are
> happening, but I'll try to contact and talk with them and lets see
> where this goes.
>
> Although, thanks for your help so far.

My suggestion is to try reproducing it w/o SolusVM.

Alternatively, you might try something like this (untested):

mv /usr/sbin/vzctl /usr/sbin/vzctl.real
echo << EOF > /usr/sbin/vzctl
#!/bin/sh

LOG=/var/log/vzctl-exec.log
date >> $LOG
echo $* >> LOG
exec $*
EOF
chmod a+x /usr/sbin/vzctl

Then do what you do in SolusVM to create a container, and check
/var/log/vzctl-exec.log
for a sequence of commands being run. Then it will either be clear
what's wrong (say
they use --applyconfig with sample config that has DISKSPACE in it, thus
initiating a resize),
or at the very least you will know what to run from command line to try
reproducing it.