[Users] Seeking assistance with Arch OS Template

Scott Dowdle dowdle at montanalinux.org
Mon Jul 7 13:19:16 PDT 2014

Greetings,

I had a user in the #openvz IRC channel today trying to create an Arch OS Template.  I gave it a try myself by creating an Arch KVM virtual machine and installing devtools... and giving the script posted in the OpenVZ wiki (http://openvz.org/Archlinux_Template_creation) a try.

It builds just fine for both 32 and 64 bit BUT it appears that vzctl's distro scripts aren't up-to-date with how Arch does things these days... and I don't know how Arch configures the network well enough to submit a patch.  Also, Arch switched to systemd as default and I'm sure vzctl's Arch scripts aren't up to that either?  Or are they?

Is there anyone who is Arch-knowledgable that could lend a hand?  It would be so nice to have a reasonably fresh Arch OS Template in contrib.

TYL,
--
Scott Dowdle
704 Church Street