[Users] IPTABLES on Container

Antonio Querubin tony at lavanauts.org
Wed Feb 26 19:45:53 PST 2014

On Tue, 25 Feb 2014, Matt wrote:

> I have several bridged containers I need to run iptables on.  I
> assumed since they were bridged it would just work.  Are there any
> knobs I must turn to enable iptables on the container?

1.  You need to add the ipt_state and nf_conntrack_ipv6 kernel modules in
/etc/vz/vz.conf

2.  Disable sysctl setup.

## IPv4 iptables kernel modules to be enabled in CTs by default
IPTABLES="ipt_REJECT ipt_tos ipt_limit ipt_multiport iptable_filter
iptable_mangle ipt_TCPMSS ipt_tcpmss ipt_ttl ipt_length ipt_state"

## IPv6 ip6tables kernel modules
IP6TABLES="ip6_tables ip6table_filter ip6table_mangle ip6t_REJECT
nf_conntrack_ipv6"

SKIP_SYSCTL_SETUP=yes

--
Antonio Querubin