[Users] The future of OpenVZ: Virtuozzo Core

James Bottomley jbottomley at parallels.com
Wed Dec 31 15:05:12 PST 2014

On Wed, 2014-12-31 at 13:58 -0700, Scott Dowdle wrote:
> Greetings,

That depends what you mean by "work".  The actual containers themselves
work quite well provided the kernel is correctly configured.  The big
problem is that the in kernel API is different which means none of the
vz tools work with the containers and some of the necessary tools (like
the fuse proxies for /proc and /sys) just don't exist yet.  So if you
only care about running containers, it all works OK; if you care about
managing containers then it's currently not a very useful solution.  Of
course, patches are welcome ... especially if you want to try to make
upstream more useful for container management.

James