[Users] Giving a container access to the dhcp server

Daniel Thielking Daniel.Thielking at ias.rwth-aachen.de
Wed Aug 13 01:50:10 PDT 2014

Thanks for the link below, but I now about veth and venet.
I have read this article
"https://openvz.org/Virtual_Ethernet_device#Independent_Virtual_Ethernet_communication_through_the_bridge"
but it didn't helped me.

What I tried:

I created a new Container:

    vzctl create 101 --ostemplate=...

I set a veth device:

    vzctl set 101 --netif_add eth0,"specified MAC",veth101.0 --save

I added IP,Mask,Gateway inside the container and tried to ping but
nothing happend.
Which steps do I forgot? Maybe the bridge and if yes could you give me
more Information how to setup. But it is important that all other
containers still have the venet and just on gets a veth.

Thank you

Auszubildender Fachinformatiker für Systemintegration
RWTH Aachen
Lehrstuhl für Integrierte Analogschaltungen
Raum 24C 313
Walter-Schottky-Haus
Sommerfeldstr. 24
D-52074 Aachen