[Users] Installing AMD GPU driver

Scott Dowdle dowdle at montanalinux.org
Fri Aug 1 13:34:35 PDT 2014

Greetings,

----- Original Message -----
> I'm looking to install AMD 13.25 APU Driver so that I can access the
> on-board graphics from within a Centos-x86_64 container. I've added
> the PCI slot that the GPU comes up on using the '--pci_add' option
> but the driver still reads out that no compatible adapters were
> found. If I run 'lspci' in the container the GPU does show up. I
> have the driver running on the HE fine.
>
> Is there a certain device that I can add to the container?
> Is it possible to modprobe the driver from the hardware, into the
> container?
> As a side note, I do have the module loaded on the hardware node
> prior to launching the container.
>
> Any information that may help is appreciated.

To the best of my knowledge, and I'd love to be wrong about it... you can't use video hardware inside of a container.

What is it you are wanting to do?

I use x2goserver / x2goclient for desktop stuff with containers and it works great.  Would that meet your needs?

TYL,
--
Scott Dowdle
704 Church Street