[Users] CentOS varients... how about an OpenVZ one?

Scott Dowdle dowdle at montanalinux.org
Thu Apr 3 12:54:32 PDT 2014

Greetings,

----- Original Message -----
> What I have in mind? in the next month is to have a Centos-7 without
> systemd
> (IMHO; for server; systemd will only bring big trouble).

systemd isn't that big a deal really.

Instead of "chkconfig httpd on" you "systemctl enable httpd".

Instead of "service httpd start" you "systemctl start httpd".

That's about as deep as you have to get really... so it is actually easier.

Since EL7 will not ship with upstart nor sysvinit... I'm not sure how easy it will be to replace systemd... and I'm guessing that all of the service packages will only include systemd unit files.

Not trying to start a systemd war... just being pragmatic.

TYL,
--
Scott Dowdle
704 Church Street