[Users] Working on new contributed Arch OS Template

Simon Boulet simon at nostalgeek.com
Tue Oct 15 11:10:31 PDT 2013

Hi Scott,

On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 1:17 PM, Scott Dowdle <dowdle at montanalinux.org>wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I'm working with a community member that is in the process of building a
> new Arch OS Template to contribute.  Arch switched to systemd as their
> default init system some time ago.  Fedora was the first distro to adopt
> systemd and it took a little while before Fedora OS Templates with systemd
> were working properly.  I believe some changes to vzctl and the
> dists/scripts stuff had to be done so that systemd would work properly
> inside of an OpenVZ container.

I'm glad someone is working on getting Arch working under OpenVZ.

> So, the new Arch OS Template works fairly well but there are some error
> messages at startup... but they don't seem to hurt anything really as the
> container starts... but it would be nice to get rid of the errors.

Works out of the box for me with OSTEMPLATE="arch" in my VZ configuration.

I do get the following errors on vzctl start :

cp: cannot stat '/etc/conf.d/netcfg': No such file or directory
grep: /etc/conf.d/netcfg.bak: No such file or directory
A unit file for profile 'venet0' already exists

But container starts and everything appears to work properly (including
network).

However, I notice the SSH keys are bundled with the template, which means
every containers deployed with that template get the same host SSH keys
(which is a BIG SECURITY ISSUE). Also you should wipe the /var/log/wtmp to
prevent reporting previous logins (ex. see `last` output) and perhaps other
log files and others as well.

Thanks

Simon