[Users] Debian 7 HN Repository

Johan Wilfer lists at jttech.se
Tue Oct 8 11:25:08 PDT 2013

2013-10-08 18:40, Kir Kolyshkin skrev:
> The problem is updated package has the same version as the original one,
> which is not handled by apt. I have uploaded the package with the updated
> release field now, please try again (don't forget apt-get update).

Yes, it works now. Thank you!

After installing the kernel the following steps are required:

Edit /etc/default/grub and change GRUB_DEFAULT=0 to:
GRUB_DEFAULT=2

This is because OpenVZ kernel appear below the normal 3.2-kernel i grub.

After that you will have to run:
update-grub

In Debian Squeeze the openvz-kernel always was inserted above the normal
kernels so you didn't have to update grub this way. I also thinking
about upgrades - will new kernels apperar below so you'll have to change
to GRUB_DEFAULT=4? Maybe these fixes could be imported from the Debian 6
official repro?

One more small issue:
When I install "linux-headers-2.6.32-openvz-042stab081.3-amd64" I'll
have to set KSRC myself to the installed location, like this:

export KSRC=/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.32-openvz-042stab081.3-amd64

If I don't I can't compile kernel-modules (for example DAHDI).
This was also done automatically in the Squeeze repro, maybe it could
get included in yours as well?

I'll test more tomorrow, but all looks very well now. Thanks again!

--
Johan Wilfer