[Users] Debian 7 HN Repository (was: DEVNODES-statement does not create devices in directories anymore but in the root at VE /dev)

Johan Wilfer lists at jttech.se
Sun Oct 6 07:20:16 PDT 2013

2013-10-04 23:12, Kir Kolyshkin skrev:
> On 10/04/2013 01:38 PM, Johan Wilfer wrote:
>> 2013-10-04 20:52, Kir Kolyshkin skrev:
>>> There is a better way now! We have native Debian Wheezy builds
>>> for kernel and tools, available at http://download.openvz.org/debian
>>> (please see that page for more info). That stuff is still in beta, so
>>> if you can test it and report possible bugs back to us that would
>>> be just great.
>> After that I tried to install the package "linux-image-openvz-amd64"
>> as a replacement, but I got a package-error (this is from my memory so
>> I hope I'm not confusing it with another package now):
>
> This is the bug I fixed just yesterday, so it should work now. Sorry for
> the problem.

So "linux-image-openvz-amd64" is the meta-package you should install in
debian to get OpenVZ and not "vzkernel"?

Because "vzkernel" is mentioned on the tutorials I found.

Maybe the following text could be added to
http://download.openvz.org/debian?

"To install the kernel for OpenVZ:
apt-get install linux-image-openvz-amd64"

Also, just looking at the package-files at:
http://download.openvz.org/debian/dists/wheezy/main/binary-i386/Packages
There seems like no "linux-image-openvz-i386"-package exists?

And these kernels seems old:
http://download.openvz.org/debian/dists/wheezy/main/binary-i386/alien/

I only use 64 bit OS for myself, but this is maybe another bug?

Sorry for complaining.. And THANKS for providing this repository!

--
Johan Wilfer