[Users] DEVNODES-statement does not create devices in directories anymore but in the root at VE /dev

Johan Wilfer lists at jttech.se
Fri Oct 4 13:38:35 PDT 2013

2013-10-04 20:52, Kir Kolyshkin skrev:
> On 10/04/2013 01:50 AM, Johan Wilfer wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am evaluating how to migrate my Debian 6 HN's now when support soon
>> will be dropped for Debian 6 and they also drop official support for
>> Openvz.
>>
>> Right now I testing a Debian 7, with a RHEL-kernel:
>> 2.6.32-openvz-042stab081.3-amd64 with vzctl version 4.5.1
>>
>> They are converted from rpm with alien and installed with dpkg. As
>> instructed here on page 1:
>> http://www.howtoforge.com/installing-and-using-openvz-on-debian-wheezy-amd64
>>

> There is a better way now! We have native Debian Wheezy builds
> for kernel and tools, available at http://download.openvz.org/debian
> (please see that page for more info). That stuff is still in beta, so
> if you can test it and report possible bugs back to us that would
> be just great.

Ah, ok! I did try that first, but the vzkernel package in the repository
was actually an old release. So that's maybe a bug?

Here:
http://download.openvz.org/debian/dists/wheezy/main/binary-amd64/Packages

Package: vzkernel
Filename:
dists/wheezy/main/binary-amd64/alien/vzkernel_2.6.32-042stab059.7_amd64.deb

After that I tried to install the package "linux-image-openvz-amd64" as
a replacement, but I got a package-error (this is from my memory so I
hope I'm not confusing it with another package now):