[Users] OOM and /etc/vz/oom-groups.conf

Joe Doss joe at wiredtree.com
Fri Oct 4 12:05:36 PDT 2013

On 10/03/2013 09:21 PM, Kir Kolyshkin wrote:
> I went ahead and mocked up something. Please run the attached script on
> your node
> and share your results.

Great script Kir. I gave it a try and I don't think it is calculating
VSwap correctly:

Swap       available:   12G  allocated:   32Z  oversell: 293109830457468%

At least not on PVC 4.7 node. I for sure do not have 32Z of VSwap set on
my contaners. Maybe that is due to running it on a PVC hardware node vs
an OpenVZ hardware node? That seems to be the case. When I ran it on my
testing OpenVZ hardware node it works fine. One thing I did notice is
one CT shows the used and peak vswap greater than the limit. Why would
that be the case? This is on 2.6.32-042stab078.28

       103 1.75G    2G    2G    -    142M  142M  128M    -

Joe

--
Joe Doss

WiredTree