[Users] Template: Kernel too old

Scott Dowdle dowdle at montanalinux.org
Wed Oct 2 13:19:42 PDT 2013

Michel,

----- Original Message -----
> I've found this shortly after posting here but it doesn't help.
> Also, the now recommended way of adding the template to
> /etc/vz/osrelease.conf and defining the kernel version there fails.
> The line is read and "applied" by vzctl but starting the container still
> fails.

So far as I know Mageia should work because the latest Fedora stuff works... and Fedora is pretty bleeding edge.

If RHEL7 ever comes out... maybe we'll get a new kernel.  I don't know anyone who can even name what kernel version is going to be in RHEL7.  Anyone?

I'm not sure how to troubleshoot.  Maybe someone in the IRC channel might have a clue.  Look for an existing bug (bugzilla.openvz.org) and if you can't find one, file one.

I'm just ignorant in this area.

TYL,
--
Scott Dowdle