[Users] Template: Kernel too old

Michel Käser maddinxxx at aol.de
Wed Oct 2 06:22:19 PDT 2013

Hi there

Today I created a template of Mageia 3 (a Mandrive based distro) and
wanted to create a sample container to see how things work.

Starting the container (also chrooting into it when stopped) gave an
"Kernel too old" error. Sniffing some files with "file" showed me that
the minimum required version is 2.6.33 (so .01 minor minor :) version to
new).

Now I'm wondering if there is some way to fake a newer kernel to the
containers? Or what else could be done to get things running.

Thanks a lot,
Michel