[Users] libvirt

Simon Boulet simon at nostalgeek.com
Thu May 30 14:11:49 EDT 2013

The current OpenVZ Libvirt driver is very outdated and very slow (calls
vzctl instead of talking to the OpenVZ ioctl, etc.). My need was to use
Host-flow libvirt interface to monitor my OpenVZ hosts. I developed a few
patches to the OpenVZ Libvirt driver (adding Vswap memory usage reporting
support, configuration loading improvement by parsing vzctl JSON output,
retrieving disk space usage and I/O bytes counters) but never ended up
using or sending them upstream to Libvirt.

I'd be interested to know if you have plans for updating the driver, and
can share my patches for you to look at and perhaps submit upstream.

Thanks

Simon