[Users] vzstats 0.2.1 debianization

Kir Kolyshkin kir at openvz.org
Sat May 11 20:53:03 EDT 2013

On 05/11/2013 05:36 PM, CoolCold wrote:
> On Sun, May 12, 2013 at 3:47 AM, Kir Kolyshkin <kir at openvz.org> wrote:
>> On 05/11/2013 04:25 PM, CoolCold wrote:
>>> I've updated debianization to match 0.3.2 version, source is available
>>> on GitHub - https://github.com/CoolCold/vzstats .
>>> Changes are:
>>> 1) including manpage
>>> 2) including bash completion
>>> 3) added deps for lsb_release
>>>
>>> misses:
>>> 1) manpage does contain wrong paths like /usr/libexec/vzstats/ which
>>> should be changed to proper Debian ones.
>>>
>>> prebuild package for can be downloaded from
>>> http://repo.coolcold.org/pool/main/v/vzstats/
>>> or you may add
>>> deb http://repo.coolcold.org/ squeeze-coolcold main contrib non-free
>>> in sources.list to add repo ( http://repo.coolcold.org/README.TXT ).
>>

>> Thanks a lot, I hope some Debian/Ubuntu users will install this.
>>
>> For bash_completion, why don't you use something like
>>      make DESTDIR='$(INSTALL_DIR)' install-bashcomp
>> from debian/rules?
> To be honest, I'm not makefiles expert ;( and didn't even thought
> about doing this way, so used much more simpler 'shell scripts'
> methods ;)

It's just I already have make install* targets, they are developed with
packaging in mind
(i.e. DESTDIR is supported). By doing your own install you basically
duplicate the efforts
and code, and will have to add stuff if I add stuff.

I just realized I need "install-all" target.