[Users] OpenVZ Physical Resources Handling.

Kir Kolyshkin kir at openvz.org
Sun Jun 30 15:51:24 EDT 2013

On 30 June 2013 12:36, Dhanasekaran Anbalagan <bugcy013 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> I would like to know how the sharing of resources happening in openvz.
> Assume that there are two servers of 4 physical cores each with 16 GB of
> Physical RAM each, would I be able to start an instance with 8 cores and 32
> Gb of RAM. How this is handled in openvz.

OpenVZ aim is to split a physical server into smaller partitions. What you
are looking for is the opposite to that and is called SSI.

I am aware of two projects in that area:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kerrighed and
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenMosix (appears dead). The rest I believe
is off-topic for this list.

Kir.