[Users] iptables connlimit module not working

Dan Bassett dbassett at oreillyschool.com
Mon Jun 24 17:21:17 EDT 2013

I just tested this out again on a newly installed machine.  I have the
following in my vz.conf:

IPTABLES="ipt_REJECT ipt_tos ipt_limit ipt_multiport iptable_filter
iptable_mangle ipt_TCPMSS ipt_tcpmss ipt_ttl ipt_length ipt_LOG
ipt_conntrack ipt_state xt_connlimit ipt_connlimit"

IPTABLES_MODULES="$IPTABLES"

I have tried just "ipt_connlimit", just "xt_connlimit, and both in the
IPTABLES list.  I even rebooted the machine before I started each test.
I get the same results.  The connlimit rule is not tripped by multiple
SSH connections as it should be.

Dan