[Users] disk usage exceeds quota

Kir Kolyshkin kir at openvz.org
Mon Jul 8 03:22:16 EDT 2013

On Jul 7, 2013 11:57 PM, "Maoke" <fibrib at gmail.com> wrote:

> hi all,
>
> we recently discovered twice that actual disk usage of a certain
container exceeds the quota setting but the vzquota doesn't show the exact
usage and doesn't work to stop the usage. df in the host shows continuously
increasing growth though.

> do anyone have the similar experience? kernel is 2.6.18-based. thanks!

This is usually the case when you write to container filesystem from the
host bypassing vzquota — to /vz/private rather than /vz/root.

To fix, you need to reinitialize the quota. Stop container, do vzquota drop
$CTID and start it again. vzquota drop removes quota file, so they have to
be re-created on container start.