[Users] ksplice support

Scott Dowdle dowdle at montanalinux.org
Sat Jan 12 11:41:05 EST 2013

Rene C.,

----- Original Message -----
> Does the current 2.6.32-042stab065.3 kernel support ksplice or is
> there any plans for this?

Oracle bought the company that did ksplice.  While much of ksplice is open I believe the build and patch making tools are all closed/proprietary.  I'm not aware of anyone outside of Oracle building and providing ksplice kernels/patches.  I haven't done a lot of research on this so I'd be very happy to hear that I'm wrong.

I know at one time the CentOS developers were considering working on ksplice for their kernels... as it would definitely be nice to have... but I think they were in the same boat... not knowing where to get the tools needed to build the patches.

If there are one or more third-party projects that have deployed ksplice who can provide a recipe (or VM) of their build system so that others can use it, then it would be more of a possibility.

TYL,

--
Scott Dowdle
704 Church Street