[Users] [HELP] Unable to use X11 forwarding to Ubuntu 12.04 inside OpenVZ

Scott Dowdle dowdle at montanalinux.org
Wed Feb 6 15:42:27 EST 2013

Greetings,

----- Original Message -----
> Specifically, I find that I don't have ~/.Xauthority file generated,
> and running startx results in:
>
> Fatal server error:
> xf86OpenConsole: Cannot open /dev/tty0 (No such file or directory)

Nevermind, brainfart.  Yeah the reason you can't startx is because that won't work inside of a container.

Regarding your other curious issues... what OS Template was used to create the container?  If you could give me a URL I could download it, create a container and see if I can duplicate your issue or not.

Also, what distro, kernel, and vzctl versions are you running on the host ndoe?

TYL,
--
Scott Dowdle
704 Church Street