[Users] vzctl compact fails to compact container, what can i do

Rene C. openvz at dokbua.com
Mon Dec 23 01:28:14 PST 2013

Indeed, that seems to have been at least part of the problem, thanks much.

Still, after having removed all snapshots and rerun vzctl compress, I
still ended up with a pigz compressed backup of 40G for a container
with 2G used disk space (shown by df -h within the container).  Any
idea how that can happen?