[Users] openvz ARP problem

OCEANET - Cédric BASSAGET cedric at oceanet.com
Tue Dec 3 07:36:18 PST 2013

Hello,

I'm having trouble with arp requests on a openvz container.

ARP requests coming from my gateway to container are not responded by
CT0 or container.
If I do a network restart on CT0, CT will be reachable for about 600
seconds, which is the expiration time of my gateway's arp table. Then it
stops working...

I've tried to tweak sysctl.conf on CT0, but can't figure out why it does
not work.

I've pastebined the configuration of my network interfaces, vz.conf and
sysctl, and a sample of problem reproduction : http://pastebin.com/XiG5KLkb

I'm using vz version 4.6

[root at sar-openvz1 ~]# uname -a
Linux sar-openvz1.oce.adm 2.6.32-042stab083.2 #1 SMP Fri Nov 8 18:08:40
MSK 2013 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

iptables is turned off.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Regards,