[Users] How to configure a server to use multiple subnets/gateways

helpaz helpaz at gmail.com
Sat Aug 24 15:19:36 EDT 2013

Hi,
I don't know very much about "ip", but...

Kir said:
 ip route add xxx.13.31.128/27 dev eth0 scope link

not table.
from man ip:

 scope SCOPE_VAL
              the  scope  of  the  destinations  covered  by the route
prefix.
              SCOPE_VAL  may  be  a  number  or  a  string   from   the
file
              /etc/iproute2/rt_scopes.   If  this  parameter  is  omitted,
ip
              assumes scope global for all  gatewayed  unicast  routes,
scope
              link  for direct unicast and broadcast routes and scope host
for
              local routes.

table TABLEID
              the table to add this route to.  TABLEID may be a  number
or  a
              string from the file /etc/iproute2/rt_tables.  If this
parameter
              is omitted, ip assumes the main table,  with  the  exception
of
              local  ,  broadcast and nat routes, which are put into the
local
              table by default.