[Users] CT produces corrupt dump files

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Mon Apr 15 05:14:04 EDT 2013

Hi all

One of our CTs cannot be online migrated because it seems to produce
corrupt dump files. Checkpointing finishes without errors, but restoring
fails. The CT is running Debian 6.0.7 like all our other CTs. I haven't
figured out yet why only this CT is causing troubles.

The more severe problem is that the cluster management starts the CT
with 'vzctl start' when restoring fails. However, 'vzctl start' does
again read the corrupt dump file, which still fails, and only then tries
to start it normally. Although the CT comes up, it produces a lot of
errors in /var/log/messages and it cannot be entered:

$ vzctl enter services0
enter into CT 103 failed
Unable to open pty: No such file or directory