[Users] ploop and mount options

Kir Kolyshkin kir at openvz.org
Sat Sep 8 05:19:15 EDT 2012

On 09/06/2012 03:53 PM, Corin Langosch wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> just a small follow up on this:
>
> Inside the the container I'm able to change the barrier mount option
> with:
>
> "mount -o remount,barrier=0 /" or "mount -o remount,barrier=1 /"
>
> But changing other options like "noatime" (mount -o remount,noatime /)
> fails with "mount: permission denied".
>
> Now I wonder if this is intended or a bug? Why allow changing barrier
> and deny noatime option?

Well, I can't tell why it lets you remount with barrier but does not let
you remount with noatime.
But I can tell noatime is not needed nowdays, since relatime is used by
default and makes much more sense.

You can file a bug to bugzilla.openvz.org, component ploop

> BTW: I still haven't found a way to specify mount options in the
> container's config :(

Again, file a bug (enhancement) to bugzilla.openvz.org, component vzctl.