[Users] how to switch off automatic suspend/resume?

Aleksandar Ivanisevic aleksandar at ivanisevic.de
Wed Nov 28 10:07:06 EST 2012

Mark Johanson <mjohanson at a2hosting.com>
writes:

> Just started seeing this myself. Is there wa way to force a stop instead
> of suspend?

If you look at /etc/init.d/vz there is suspend and then a stop at the
end. Why is suspend done first is beyond me.

I guess you could disable it by changing the line stages="suspend
stop" to stages="stop" in stop_ves() function

Interestingly enough, suspend doesnt work at all currently for me on
RHEL6 kernel, it just says in the syslog

Nov 28 15:27:37 free-3 kernel: [14278.117357] CT: checkpointing not supported yet for hidden pid namespaces.

so it actually does a stop and it doesn't hurt anything as far as I
can tell.