[Users] openvz and ftp connection tracking for non-default ports

David Oppermann dop at sil.at
Thu May 24 03:44:26 EDT 2012

Hello,

I've got a hylafax install inside an openvz container.  Now I'd like to run
a firewall as well.

I load the firewall modules for ftp connection tracking on the host machine
and with the following line in the containers config file:

IPTABLES="ipt_REJECT ipt_tos ipt_TOS ipt_LOG ip_conntrack ipt_limit
ipt_multiport iptable_filter iptable_mangle ipt_TCPMSS ipt_tcpmss ipt_ttl
ipt_length ipt_state iptable_nat ip_nat_ftp ip_conntrack_ftp ipt_conntrack
ip_tables"

Now my Problem is that it works for Port 21 only and I'm unable to set the
parameters for the module.

Is there a way to set the parameters for the ftp connection tracking module
like "ports=21,4559"?
With best regards

David Oppermann
Voip Engineer //  voip at sil.at // Tel 059944-2440 //
SILVER SERVER GmbH - a Tele2 Company //
Donau-City-Strasse 11  // A-1220 Wien //
Fax 059944-9000 //  www.sil.at //
FN 204414i // Handelsgericht Wien // UID ATU 51064903  //