[Users] DRBD inside a container

Mark Olliver mark.olliver at thermeon.com
Tue May 8 06:42:58 EDT 2012

Hi,

I need to create two openvz guests which have access to the DRBD.ko kernel module.

The first will be a drbd proxy guest, so it just needs to be able to load the module to access /proc/drbd after which it will be running the drbd proxy software to give us a drbd HA guest.

The second will be a drbd backup server so it will need to load the drbd module and run drbd inside the container talking to the lower level /dev/sda3 block device.

1, Is there a way to enable the guest to use the DRBD module?

2, I believe I can pass the sda3 device to the guest using vzctl set 101 --devnodes sda3:rw

Thanks for your help

Mark