[Users] Hornet Queue (jboss) vs sever resource shortage

Dariush Pietrzak ml-openvz-eyck at kuszelas.eu
Fri Mar 30 13:59:05 EDT 2012

> >>which is at 16G, and swap which was set to 0.) When the hornetq is
> >>stopped inside container, HN returns back to life, but untill then,
> >>even things like bash completion fails with: xmalloc:
> >>../bash/make_cmd.c:100: cannot allocate 519 bytes (2076672 bytes
> >>allocated)

> >Could you file a bug in https://bugzilla.openvz.org/ ?

> I'd suggest trying to reproduce the case on the latest rhel6-testing
> kernel (042stab053.3) and then filing a bug.

 Filed a bug, reproduced it on 042stab053.3 and also today on 042stab053.5.
Noticed few more different things - when I set privvmpages to 12G:16G, I
can't start java (hornetq) with -Xmx set to ~7G, and UBC increases failure
count on privvmpages, program fails to start with:

(so there is something here, that accounting at least notices).
( when I reduce -Xmx to ~6G, hornetq starts, and then I get 'out of memory'
errors on console/HN ).
 Also, it seems that limiting heap with -Xmx to ~512M makes it possible to
run one or two instances with hornetq without ill-effects.

regards, Eyck
--
Key fingerprint = 40D0 9FFB 9939 7320 8294  05E0 BCC7 02C4 75CC 50D9
 Total Existance Failure