[Users] ploop

Kir Kolyshkin kir at openvz.org
Thu Mar 29 04:52:02 EDT 2012

On 03/28/2012 08:01 PM, Mark Olliver wrote:

> Hi,
>
> With ploop is it possible rather than using a file to use and lvm
> partition as the backend storage?

What for? The whole purpose of ploop is to use a file as a storage.

If your question is can a CT use a dedicated LVM partition then the
answer is yes, and it was quite possible before ploop.

> Also plop is it possible for the guest to run it’s own lvm layer, with
> kvm currently you can assign each VE a kvm partition then as it boots
> up it runs its own lvm layer where the root partition is stored.

My rough guess is yes you can (and again, ploop is not about it).

You can give a CT an access to physical disk or disk partition or LVM
volume or volume group using vzctl set --devnodes and then manage it
from the inside. But I haven't tried it, because I don't see any
practical use for it.