[Users] Problems encountered increasing CT diskspace with layout=ploop

Kir Kolyshkin kir at openvz.org
Tue Mar 27 07:11:19 EDT 2012

> Hi,
>
> I have the same problem with a converted CT.
> I converted from simfs to ploop using
>
> vzctl convert <CTID> --layout ploop
>
> After conversion I started the CT and tried to resize:
>
> vzctl set <CTID> --diskspace 75G --save
> Can't ioctl mount_point: No such file or directory
> Failed to resize image: Can't ioctl mount_point: No such file or
> directory [3]
> CT configuration saved to /etc/vz/conf/<CTID>.conf

First of all, I would like to have such reports as bugs in
bugzilla.openvz.org rather than emails to users at . Bugzilla is
specifically designed to track bugs, while on a mailing list it could
easily be lost.

Now, can I ask you to debug this for me (since I am unable to reproduce it).

1. If you happen to have vzctl convert output, please show it. I am
especially interested in the line mentioning balloon.

2. Can I see the line in /proc/mounts regarding this mount? it can be
obtained by e.g.
cat /proc/mounts | grep -w <CTID> | grep ploop

Provided this, I will ask for more later.