[Users] Re: [Announce] Kernel RHEL6 testing 042stab053.4

Kirill Korotaev dev at parallels.com
Tue Mar 27 00:45:01 EDT 2012

:)))
Actually, this can't be true, cause simfs overhead is naturally 0%. It intercepts only statfs() to fix df output, all the rest calls are native. So it's statistical deviation if you see simfs to be slower then native.

And, yes, ploop was designed to have near 0% overhead as well (unlike Linux loopback). It bypasses FS layer and works directly with block layer on fast paths.

Thanks,
Kirill