[Users] Hornet Queue (jboss) vs sever resource shortage

Dariush Pietrzak ml-openvz-eyck at kuszelas.eu
Thu Mar 22 08:08:48 EDT 2012

Hello,
 we have encountered a very strange behaviour of HornetQueue, running it
inside vz results in:

 bash: fork: Cannot allocate memory
or
  xmalloc: cannot allocate 4008 bytes (2084864 bytes allocated)

( this is on host node, that has ~20G of free, unused RAM, inside
containers the problem is not visible - hornet is limited to ~4G of ram,
container is limited to ~16G of ram and 0 vSwap, rest is unlimited )

 UBC inside container shows no visible resource usage problem, I'd go as
far as to call it frugal - 1600 filedescriptors, very low shm usage,
physpages nowhere near limit, and yet, when daemon runs, HN is unable to
even accept login from console.

how can I track down what is causing this?

regards, Eyck
--
Key fingerprint = 40D0 9FFB 9939 7320 8294  05E0 BCC7 02C4 75CC 50D9
 Total Existance Failure