[Users] ploop sanity check

Kir Kolyshkin kir at openvz.org
Sat Mar 17 03:34:46 EDT 2012

17.03.2012 10:02 пользователь "jjs - mainphrame" <jjs at mainphrame.com>
написал:

> Thank you Kir, good workaround, I can create the ploop device somewhere
other than / and will continue testing.

Good! I suggest you to compile ploop and vzctl from git and try to use it.
It (mostly) works for me already.

> Joe
>

> On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 9:27 PM, Kir Kolyshkin <kir at openvz.org> wrote:
>>
>> On 03/17/2012 04:21 AM, jjs - mainphrame wrote:
>>>
>>> On a Centos 6 test machine, I installed kernel 2.6.32-042stab052.8,
ploop-1.0 & ploop-lib-1.0 and attempted to follow along with
http://wiki.openvz.org/Ploop/readme.

>>> I've had no success in creating a ploop image:
>>>
>>> root at mrmber ~]# ploop init -s 1g -f raw /ploop.image
>>

>> (as a side node, I do not recommend using raw images, they can not be
shrunk and have some other limitations)

>>> Creating raw delta /ploop.image size=2097152 sectors
>>> add snapshot {5fbaabe3-6958-40FF-92a7-860e329aab41}
>>> Storing /DiskDescriptor.xml
>>> Can't resolve : No such file or directory
>>

>> My congratulations, you have found a bug! :)
>>
>> I have fixed it in git (http://git.openvz.org/?p=ploop;a=commit;h=2e06c26
)

>>  In the meanwhile please create an image in a subdirectory, not in root
directory, i.e. something like /tmp/ploop.img should work.

>>> [root at mrmber ~]#
>>>
>>> I'd be curious if anyone has gotten farther, and am curious as to what
I might be lacking