[Users] Re: cat: /proc/self/mountinfo: Cannot allocate memory

Andrew Vagin avagin at parallels.com
Wed Mar 14 03:08:27 EDT 2012

On 03/13/2012 02:42 PM, Aleksandar Ivanisevic wrote:
> Andrew Vagin<avagin at parallels.com>  writes:
>
>> Hello again
>>
>> This bug is fixed in latest OpenVZ RHEL6 kernel. Actually RHEL6 kernel
>> is fully supported by OpenVZ team now, it has better performance and a
>> few new features like vswap. Enjoy.
> I see that http://download.openvz.org/openvz.repo file has been
> changed to have rhel6 kernel repo turned on and rhel5 turned off. Does
> that mean that rhel6 kernel should work in rhel5 too? Has anyone
> tested this? Is it supported?
Yes, it should work and it's supported. But you may have trouble with a
root device, if it's initializing for a long time. I have seen this
situation with MegaRAID. In this case you system will not boot with
error: "switch to root: mount failed: No such file or directory".
You can workaround this problem by adding sleep in "init".

  insmod /lib/dm-region-hash.ko
+sleep 10
  mkblkdevs

It's not a kernel problem.

I don't recommend you use rhel6 kernel on rhel5 system for a long time.
You can install rhel6 kernel to try new features and to be sure that it
doesn't bring new problems, then I recommend update a host system too.