[Users] sync in container

Andrew Vagin avagin at parallels.com
Tue Mar 13 03:24:37 EDT 2012

On 02/02/2012 08:56 AM, Maoke wrote:
> hi all,
>
> we found sync in container may cause high disk I/O load (not able to
> supress it even with blkio throttle settings).
Yes, it's known issue and it's, because all containers use one file
system. Below you can find a few workarounds of this problem:
* You can disable fsyncs inside the VE by writing 0 to
/proc/sys/fs/fsync-enable on the HN. This means that all fsyncs inside
VE would be very fast as fsync actually doesn't happen.
* You can mount a host file system in write-back cache mode.
* Create a container on separate lvm volume.
* Wait a bit and start to use ploop (container in a file).
http://wiki.openvz.org/Ploop