[Users] CT migration of ploop failed on nfs

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Sat Jun 30 14:09:38 EDT 2012

On Fre, 2012-06-29 at 22:57 +0800, Tommy Tang wrote:

> Dose anyone know the problem? is it fixable or some wrong with my configuration?
> BTW : is it possible to put the private of CT on the nfs?

We once had a similar problem. However, our setup is a bit different:
containers running in a old-style CT directory on a NFS share. We faced
some problems with some file locks not being freed properly, which lead
to not being able to start some daemons such as mysqld.

IIRC, the error was similar to yours. Since our cluster infrastructure
makes sure, that a certain container runs only on one node and thus
locking across nodes is not necessary, we simply disabled nfs locking
with the 'nolock' mount option. This solved the issue for us.

Roman