[Users] Re: music and movie in the CT during the migration

Tommy Tang thfbjhkhtdx at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 10:44:04 EDT 2012

hi kir:
Thanks for your reply.

As for the video, I remember we tried migrating some video streaming server some 6-7 years ago, it went fine. As for client video, I guess you have to find a VNC-like solution that lets you watch video without much delay... Again, this has nothing to do with migration per se, since we basically migrate apps and their networking connections.
I actually use the vnc to connect to the CT and the movie is played through movie player
After I migrate the CT, the movie player can't continue playing the movie anymore

Tommy

Sound stuff does not need to be virtualized by OpenVZ. There are already enough pieces of software to facilitate it. For example, pulseaudio (which is there by default in most modern distros) can work in client/server mode over the network... so you can have a client in CT and server on the hardware node.