[Users] Re: music and movie in the CT during the migration

Scott Dowdle dowdle at montanalinux.org
Mon Jul 9 13:42:25 EDT 2012

Tommy,

----- Original Message -----
> Sorry for get this thread up again
> But I really want to know some information about these and Does
> anyone can give me some suggestion?

So far as I'm aware, OpenVZ does NOT virtualize the sound stuff at all... so if you are able to get it working inside of one container, I don't think it would work in any others.

Some remoting protocols do virtualize the sound stuff so maybe using one of those inside of a container will make that possible.  The only one I'm aware of would be No Machine's NX 4 which isn't out yet but they have been releasing previews... and are upto Preview 6.  I think it'll take a while before the final version comes out... and I haven't tried it inside of an OpenVZ container yet... so whether or not it would provide you with sound remains to be seen.  I guess if NX does all of the work and doesn't rely on the underlying hardware/device support, it has a chance of working.

TYL,
--
Scott Dowdle
704 Church Street