[Users] Current status of ARM compatability

ROBBIE SIMPSON 0700899S at student.gla.ac.uk
Wed Jul 4 09:47:00 EDT 2012

Hi all,

I'm currently attempting to get OpenVZ up and running on an ARM device (the Raspberry Pi), but am encountering a number of difficulties.

I started by downloading and attempting to compile the current version of the kernel (vzkernel-2.6.32-042stab057.1) but encountered a number of errors (missing arguments, duplicated declarations etc) which lead me to think the ARM specific sections are not currently maintained. While investigating this I also found a post stating that live migration (which we are particularly interested in) is only supported on x86/x86-64.

So therefore I would ask:

a) Does the current version of the kernel actually support ARM? / Were any previous kernel versions known to support ARM ?

b) What level of effort (roughly) would be needed to enable live migration support on ARM?

Cheers,
Robbie Simpson