[Users] A question about Node RAM

Quentin MACHU quentin.machu at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 13:08:13 EST 2012

Hello,

Thanks for this answer.
So, we can use 128Gb/256Gb server ? =]

Actually, we're working on Debian 6.
Do you have any tips on Distro / Kernel ?

Debian 6 + Kernel from Debian repos is really stable ? Debian 5 more maybe ?

We'll have 6*3To HardDrive SAS in RAID 10 to improve I/O
And Two *Opteron 6128 8 cores* Magny-Cours 8x 2Ghz.

Do you think it's ok for something like 126 VM with 1Gb of RAM ? =)

Thanks for all :)

2012/1/6 Kirill Korotaev <dev at parallels.com>

> Sure, it's old information and likely it was about 32bit kernels which are
> limited to 64GB just because CPUs are... :)
> 64bit kernels are not limited anyhow and OpenVZ is not different in this
> regard from standard Linux.
>
> fixed a couple of places I found with 64GB mentioning:
>
> http://wiki.openvz.org/Different_kernel_flavors_(UP,_SMP,_ENTERPRISE,_ENTNOSPLIT)
> http://wiki.openvz.org/FAQ#How_scalable_is_OpenVZ.3F
>
> Thanks,
> Kirill
>
> On Jan 6, 2012, at 20:59 , Quentin MACHU wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I've a question for this mailing-list ^^
> >
> > My enterprise is going to order a 128Gb of RAM server.
> > I saw that the OpenVZ Kernel can only support 64Gb.
> >
> > That's because the wiki isn't up to date ?
> > What's about that ?
> > How to bypass this limit ? Can we ?
> > Recompiling the kernel.. ?
> >
> > It's important for us =)