[Users] Using a layered filesystem as private dir?

Scott Dowdle dowdle at montanalinux.org
Thu Jan 5 12:08:53 EST 2012

Greeting,

----- Original Message -----
> bash# mount -t aufs -o br:/tank/vzdemo=rw:/tank/squeeze=ro none /mnt
> bash# grep VE_ /etc/vz/conf/777.conf
> VE_PRIVATE=/mnt
> bash# vzctl create 777
> Private area already exists in /mnt
> Creation of container private area failed

/mnt isn't your private directory... it should be /mnt/777/private and of course you need a root directory too.

So far as sharing files between containers in a CoW situation, Virtuozzo and Linux-VServer offer those features, but OpenVZ does not.  It appears you are trying to engineer your own solution.  I don't know if what you want to do will work or not because I haven't tried it.  Nor have I tried ZFS in Linux. I suspect it won't work though... but I do wish you luck.

TYL,
--
Scott Dowdle
704 Church Street