[Users] /usr/sbin/vzctl: undefined symbol: get_set_opt..failed

Benjamin Henrion bh at udev.org
Tue Jan 3 08:50:22 EST 2012

Hi,

I am hiting a bug with vzctl, when I do a "vzctl -a", it hangs, and a
similar behaviour when I restart /etc/init.d/vz:

root at molotov /etc/vz/dists [42]# /etc/init.d/vz restart
Bringing down interface venet0: ..done
Stopping OpenVZ: ..done
Starting OpenVZ: ..done
Bringing up interface venet0: ..done
- Warning: IP forwarding is not enabled
vzctl set 0 --cpuunits 1000 failed: /usr/sbin/vzctl: symbol lookup
error: /usr/sbin/vzctl: undefined symbol: get_set_opt..failed
^[[A

I reinstalled the openvz kernel, vzctl and vzdump, no change of behaviour.

Any idea what this might be?

Maybe a libc6 problem?

Best,

--
Benjamin Henrion <bhenrion at ffii.org>
FFII Brussels - +32-484-566109 - +32-2-4148403