[Users] venet ip question

Kir Kolyshkin kir at openvz.org
Tue Feb 28 17:07:09 EST 2012

On Feb 28, 2012 9:41 PM, "Gerhard Gappmeier" <gerhard.gappmeier at ascolab.com>
wrote:

> Hi
>
> I currently have two OpenVZ machines with same configuration.
> CT0 has two network devices:
> eth0: internal private subnet
> eth1: internet
>
> The containers can have internal and/or external IPs.
> Access is controlled by iptables in CT0.
> I only use IP based venet devices currently.
>
> The problem is I run out of external IPs and want to use the external IPs
of CT0 (eth1) for new containers.

> Is this possible? I'm not sure how venet IPs can be routed over eth1 when
eth1 has no IP.

Assuming you have multiple IPs on eth1 and you want those to be used for
some of your containers, you need to
1 remove those IPs from eth1
2 add those IPs to containers

Speaking of routing, it depends on your setup. If eth1 still have an
address in the same IP network as your CTs, you are fine.