[Users] Container Reboot on Node boot up

Mark Johanson mjohanson at a2hosting.com
Wed Dec 5 11:39:14 EST 2012

This has been a curiosity question I have wondered about before, but
never got around to asking:

When a node boots up, why does openvz start all the containers, then go
through and restart them all after they are all up?

I've also noticed this during container creation and wondered why it did
it then as well.

Part of the reason for asking now, is due to a cPanel template we use
that occasionally gets a mysql error due to race conditions between
innodb log creation and the second reboot of the container.

The log issue I have fixed, but was still curious on why there is the
reboot after start up. Is this vzquota related?