[Users] How to determine a container from the filesystem?

Corey Carpenter fruitwerks at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 18:24:03 EDT 2012

You could run ifconfig and grep for venetX:X or by mac address (all zero)
unless you have chenged that specifically. I physical machine should not
have venetX:X, simply venetX. This may be distribution dependent though, I
am not sure.

- C

On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 8:07 PM, Brad Alexander <storm16 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I just found out through the proxmox-ve forums that running ntp on a
> container is considered a Bad Thing. So I am reworking my puppet
> installation to disable ntp on the containers...But I was trying to
> figure out a foolproof way of looking on the machine and determining
> if it is a container or not. The only thing I have found so far is
> that /proc/mtrr exists on the physical servers, but not on the
> containers. Is this a viable way to make this determination or is
> there a better way?
>
> Thanks,
> --b

Any use, dissemination, distribution, posting on Internet bulletin boards,
disclosure or copying of this e-mail or any information contained herein by
or to anyone other than the intended recipient(s) is strictly prohibited.
Use of this content for any other purpose is a violation of International
Copyright Laws.