[Users] openvz oracle linux unbreakable kernel

Kir Kolyshkin kir at openvz.org
Mon Apr 2 11:52:14 EDT 2012

On 04/01/2012 11:28 PM, Mark Olliver wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Has any one tried to patch and run the unbreakable kernel with openvz which i belive runs on the 3.0 kernel stream and btrfs or would people suggest i stick with the rhel 6 kernel?

Supporting yet another branch is pretty hard, we'd rather concentrate on
ironing out RHEL6 kernel for now. We do plan to port to some 3.x kernel
in the future, but x is still undefined. So my recommendation is to stay
with RHEL6-based kernel.

What in particular you want to have from btrfs? From our perspective it
looks interesting but not quite ready for the prime time (unlike ext4
which is pretty stable as of now).

Kir.